- "This coven doesn't need a new Supreme. It needs a new rug."
- ―Fiona Goode
|Air date||October 23rd, 2013|
|Producers||Joseph Incaprera; Alexis Martin Woodall; Douglas Petrie; Alfonso Gomez-Rejon; Jessica Sharzer; Bradley Buecker; James Wong; Jennifer Salt; Tim Minear; Dante Di Loreto; Brad Falchuk; Ryan Murphy; James Williams |
|Starring||Sarah Paulson; Taissa Farmiga; Frances Conroy; Evan Peters; Lily Rabe; Emma Roberts; Denis O'Hare; Kathy Bates; Jessica Lange|
"Fearful Pranks Ensue"
"The Replacements" is the third episode of season three of the horror-themed television series American Horror Story and the twenty-eighth episode of the series overall. It is chapter three in the "Coven" storyline. The episode was directed by Alfonso Gomez-Rejon and written by James Wong. It first aired on the FX Network on Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013 at 10:00 pm.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|Angela Bassett||Marie Laveau|
|Patti LuPone||Joan Ramsey|
|Christine Ebersole||Anna-Leigh Leighton|
|Alexander Dreymon||Luke Ramsey|
|Riley Voelkel||Young Fiona|
|Mare Winningham||Alicia Spencer|
Co-Stars[edit | edit source]
|Ameer Baraka||Bastien, the Minotaur|
|James DuMont||Doctor Morrison|
|Jim Gleason||Doctor Friedman|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "AHS: The Replacements" redirects to this page.
- American Horror Story was created by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk.
- This episode is rated TV-MA.
- This episode is production code number 3ATS04.
- This episode is included on disc one of the American Horror Story: Coven DVD collection and disc one of the American Horror Story: Coven Blu-ray collection. Both versions were produced by 20th Century Fox and released on October 7th, 2014.
- Actress Angela Bassett receives a "Special Guest Star" credit in this episode.
- Actress Gabourey Sidibe receives a "Special Guest Star" credit in this episode.
- Actress Patti LuPone receives a "Special Guest Star" credit in this episode.
- Actress Frances Conroy is credited in this episode, but her character, Myrtle Snow, does not make an appearance.
Allusions[edit | edit source]
- There are no allusions available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. An allusion is an incidental reference made to a character, person, event or other miscellaneous piece of media that can be found somewhere in the episode itself. In most cases, this refers to characters or events from previous episodes.
Bloopers[edit | edit source]
- There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Madison Montgomery: What do you expect to get with that stupid cake?
- Nan: Just being neighborly. What do you expect to get with that dress?
- Madison Montgomery: Laid. He's going to be my fall fling.
- Fiona Goode: It's a dance, a dance no one ever had to teach me. A dance I've known since I first saw my reflection in my father's eyes. My partners have been princes and starving artists. Greek gods and clowns. And every one of them certain they lead. but it's always my dance. I make the first move, which is no move at all. I've always just understood that they will eventually find themselves in front of me. Primitive, beautiful animals. Their bodies responding to the inevitability of it all. It is my dance and I have performed it with finesse and abandon with countless partners. Only the faces change. And all this time I never suspected the night would come when the dance would end.
- Queenie: You best put that food down in front of me before I frisbee this plate at your head.
- Fiona Goode: Bury her deep. God knows what all that shit in her body will do to the lawn when it comes up in the spring.
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Production credits listed in order of appearance. James Williams is credited in the end-title credits. All others are credited in the opening title sequence.
- Credited, but does not appear in this episode.
- TV Rage.com; American Horror Story, "The Replacements"; Episode Info.
|American Horror Story. This template will categorize articles that include it into the American Horror Story season 3 episodes category.|