- "I admired her purity. Her innocence. I never had any, even as a boy. Now it's gone. It's been taken from her."
- ―Arthur Arden
|Air date||October 31st, 2012|
|Producers||Bradley Buecker; Mark Douglas; Brad Falchuk; Tim Minear; Ryan Murphy; Jennifer Salt; James Wong|
|Starring||Zachary Quinto; Joseph Fiennes; Sarah Paulson; Evan Peters; Lily Rabe; Lizzie Brocheré; James Cromwell; Jessica Lange|
"Tricks and Treats"
"I Am Anne Frank (Part 1)"
"Nor'easter" is the third episode of season two of the American television series American Horror Story and the fifteenth episode of the series overall. It was directed by Michael Uppendahl and written by Jennifer Salt. It first aired on the FX Network on Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 at 10:00 pm EST. In this episode, a tremendous rainstorm threatens to bear down on Briarcliff Manor, so Sister Jude Martin decides to hold a movie night in the common room to keep the patients calm. Lana Winters and Grace Bertrand conspire to escape from the asylum, but Grace wants to bring Kit Walker along. Sister Jude continues to be haunted by her past and reverts to the heavy drinking she used to engage in before turning towards the church. Sister Mary Eunice is still possessed and manipulates Sister Jude as well as Doctor Arthur Arden.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|Adam Levine||Leo Morrison|
|Jenna Dewan Tatum||Teresa Morrison|
|Fredric Lehne||Frank McCann|
|Gloria Laino||The Mexican|
|Mickey Faerch||Hair-tugging patient|
|Chelsey Valentine||Missy Stone|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode is included on disc one of the American Horror Story: The Complete Second Season DVD collection and the American Horror Story: The Complete Second Season Blu-ray collection.
- This is the second episode of American Horror Story directed by Michael Uppendahl. He previously directed the season one episode, "Piggy Piggy". His next episode is "I Am Anne Frank (Part 1)".
- This is the third episode of American Horror Story written by Jennifer Salt. She previously wrote the season one episode, "Spooky Little Girl". Her next episode is "The Coat Hanger".
- Shelley remarks that Grace Bertrand grew up in Paris, France. The actress who plays Grace, Lizzie Brocheré, was born in Paris, France.
Allusions[edit | edit source]
- The film shown in the common room on movie night is The Sign of the Cross. It was released in 1932 and directed by Cecil B. DeMille. The film stars Fredric March, Elissa Landi, Claudette Colbert and Charles Laughton. DeMille and Laughton are both referenced by Sister Jude Martin in this episode. This film is also referenced in the "Freak Show" episode, "Show Stoppers".
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Mary Eunice McKee: We're all going to be together in the dark watching The Sign Of The Cross, a movie full of fire, sex and the death of Christians. What fun!
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Credited, but does not appear in this episode.
|American Horror Story. This template will categorize articles that include it into the American Horror Story season 2 episodes category.|