- "Ever since I was a little girl, I knew I was destined for great things. I was going to be somebody. Person of significance. Star of the silver screen, I once thought. But... my dreams became nightmares."
- ―Constance Langdon
|Air date||December 21st, 2011|
|Producers||Alexis Martin Woodall; Chip Vucelich; Tim Minear; Jessica Sharzer; Bradley Buecker; James Wong; Jennifer Salt; Dante Di Loreto; Brad Falchuk; Ryan Murphy|
|Starring||Dylan McDermott; Connie Britton; Evan Peters; Taissa Farmiga; Denis O'Hare; Jessica Lange|
"Welcome to Briarcliff"
"Afterbirth" is the twelfth episode of season one of the horror anthology series American Horror Story and the twelfth and final chapter in the "Murder House" serial. It was directed by Bradley Buecker with a script written by Jessica Sharzer. The episode first aired on the FX Network on Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 at 10:00 pm.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
|Dylan McDermott||Ben Harmon|
|Connie Britton||Vivien Harmon|
|Evan Peters||Tate Langdon|
|Taissa Farmiga||Violet Harmon|
|Denis O'Hare||Larry Harvey |
|Jessica Lange||Constance Langdon|
Special Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|Kate Mara||Hayden McClaine|
|Charles S. Dutton||Detective Granger|
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|Frances Conroy||Moira O'Hara|
|Alexandra Breckenridge||Young Moira|
|Lily Rabe||Nora Montgomery|
|Michael Graziadei||Travis Wanderley|
|Anthony Ruivivar||Miguel Ramos|
|Lisa Vidal||Stacy Ramos|
|Malaya Rivera Drew||Detective Barrios|
|David Anthony Higgins||Stan|
|Brennan Mejia||Gabriel Ramos|
|Rebecca Wisocky||Lorraine Harvey|
|Jamie Brewer||Adelaide "Addie" Langdon|
|Meredith Scott Lynn||Helen|
|Mena Suvari||Elizabeth Short|
Co-Stars[edit | edit source]
|Asher Gian Starita||Michael Langdon|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode is available on disc four of the American Horror Story: The Complete First Season DVD and Blu-ray collections.
- This episode is production code number 1ATS11.
Allusions[edit | edit source]
- There are no allusions available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. An allusion is an incidental reference made to a character, person, event or other miscellaneous piece of media that can be found somewhere in the episode itself. In most cases, this refers to characters or events from previous episodes.
Bloopers[edit | edit source]
- There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Ben Harmon: What about Violet?
- Violet Harmon: What about Violet? I'm a teenage girl. Not exactly a cakewalk.
- Ben Harmon: Violet. What kind of father have I been? You weren't eating, you weren't going to school. You were already gone. I didn't get it.
- Violet Harmon: I shut you out. I was afraid it would break you.
- Ben Harmon: I've missed you so much.
- Violet Harmon: I was never getting into Harvard. But I saved you a shitload of money.
- Ben Harmon: Yeah, you did.
- Constance Langdon: He's mine.
- Hayden McClaine: Over my dead body.
- Constance Langdon: We’re well past that.
- Constance Langdon: Ever since I was a little girl, I knew I was destined for great things. I was going to be somebody. Person of significance. Star of the silver screen, I once thought. But... my dreams became nightmares. Instead of laurels, funeral wreaths. Instead of glory, heh, bitter disappointment. Cruel afflictions. Now I understand. Tragedy was preparing me for something greater. every loss that came before was a lesson. I was being prepared. Now I know for what. This child... a remarkable boy. Destined for greatness. In need of a remarkable mother. Someone forged in the fires of adversity, who can guide him. With... with firmness. With love.
- Vivien Harmon: Some other poor family’s just going to move in here. Suckers who will have no idea what they’re in for.
- Ben Harmon: And we know exactly what to do.
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Credited, but does not appear in this episode.
This article pertains to an episode from season one of the American Horror Story television series.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the American Horror Story/Season 1 episodes category.