- "You're all gonna die. The only question is how you check out. Do you want it on your feet? Or on your fuckin' knees... begging? I ain't much for begging! Nobody ever gave me nothing! So I say fuck that thing! Let's fight it!"
- ―Leonard Dillon
|Directed by:||David Fincher|
|Written by:||David Giler; Walter Hill; Larry Ferguson; Vincent Ward|
|Produced by:||Ezra Swerdlow; Gordon Carroll; David Giler; Walter Hill; Sigourney Weaver|
|Music by:||Elliot Goldenthal|
|Edited by:||Terry Rawlings; David Crowther|
|Distributed by:||Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation; Brandywine Productions|
|Released:||May 22nd, 1992|
|Running time:||114 min. (theatrical)|
145 min. ("Assembly Cut" edition)
|Next:||Alien Resurrection (1997)|
Alien³ is an American film that combines elements of science fiction with survival horror. It was directed by David Fincher and written by David Giler, Walter Hill and Larry Ferguson adapted from a story by Vincent Ward and based on concepts originally developed by Dan O'Bannon and Ronald Shusett. The film was produced by Brandywine Productions and distributed theatrically by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. It was released in the United States on May 22nd, 1992. Alien³ is the third film in the series and follows James Cameron's 1986 hit Aliens. It is succeeded by the 1997 film Alien Resurrection.
Cast[edit | edit source]
|Sigourney Weaver||Ellen Ripley|
|Charles S. Dutton||Leonard Dillon|
|Charles Dance||Jonathan Clemens|
|Brian Glover||Harold Andrews|
|Christopher John Fields||Rains|
|Lance Henriksen||Michael Bishop|
|Hi Ching||Company man|
|Tom Woodruff, Jr.||Lead alien|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Principal filming on Alien³ began on January 14th, 1991 and concluded on May 17th, 1991.
- Body Count: 29
- Production on Alien³ wrapped on the same day as that of Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge.
- First professional film work for director David Fincher.
- Another tagline for the film was "The Bitch is Back". This is a reference to the popular line from Aliens spoken by Sigourney Weaver to the alien queen wherein she screamed, "Get away from her, you bitch!"
- David Crowther did the editing on the extended scenes only.
- Coincidentally, actor Charles S. Dutton actually was an ex-convict, having served three years for possession of a deadly weapon and seven 1/2 years for assaulting a corrections officer. While serving his sentence, he read a play which amused him so much that he started a theatre group.
What else have they done?[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
This article relates to the films within the Aliens franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Aliens Films category.