- "Uncle Fester, this is not a fun matter. That child has got to be taught to play with her own explosives."
- ―Morticia Addams
|"Wednesday Leaves Home"|
|Air date||November 20th, 1964|
|Writers||Hannibal Coons; Harry Winkler|
|Producers||Nat Perrin; David Levy|
|Starring||Carolyn Jones; John Astin; Jackie Coogan; Ted Cassidy; Blossom Rock; Lisa Loring; Ken Weatherwax|
"The New Neighbors Meet the Addams Family"
"The Addams Family Meet the VIPs"
"Wednesday Leaves Home" is the tenth episode of season one of the television comedy series The Addams Family. It was directed by Sidney Lanfield with a script written by Hannibal Coons and Harry Winkler. It first aired on ABC on Friday, November 20th, 1964.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
|Carolyn Jones||Morticia Addams|
|John Astin||Gomez Addams|
Featuring[edit | edit source]
|Jackie Coogan||Uncle Fester|
Co-Stars[edit | edit source]
|Jesse White||Sergeant Haley|
|Ray Kellogg||Officer Johnson|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode is production code number 7000-11.
- Actress Blossom Rock is credited as one of the featured cast members in this episode, but does not make an actual appearance.
- This is the first episode of the series to spotlight Wednesday Addams.
- Gomez Addams makes use of a whip in this episode.
Allusions[edit | edit source]
- There are no allusions available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. An allusion is an incidental reference made to a character, person, event or other miscellaneous piece of media that can be found somewhere in the episode itself. In most cases, this refers to characters or events from previous episodes.
Bloopers[edit | edit source]
- There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Wednesday Addams: Okay, I'll talk! My name is Wednesday Addams!
- Morticia Addams: Hello Wednesday, darling. Come and see the new pet (a horse) we have for you. Do you like him?
- Wednesday Addams: He's very nice but I'd rather have a spider.
- Morticia Addams: A spider or a horse, darling, what's the difference?
- Wednesday Addams: But I'd rather have a spider!
- Gomez Addams: Alright, a spider it is. A beautiful black widow spider! Well, back goes Rover. Sorry, old man.
- Pugsley Addams: Mother! Father! Wednesday's flown the coop!
- Gomez Addams: Talk sense, boy.
- Pugsley Addams: She's run away from home.
- Gomez Addams: Really? Very adventurous spirit. I didn't run away from home until I was eight.
- Morticia Addams: That's ridiculous.
- Pugsley Addams: She even left a note. I helped her write it.
- Morticia Addams: "Dear Mother and Father, I hate you. Love, Wednesday. P.S. Don't bother looking for me because I'm not anywhere. Goodbye, W."
- Morticia Addams: Uncle Fester, this is not a fun matter. That child has got to be taught to play with her own explosives.
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]